Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Intermission # 2 - Light and Dark

Hey everyone and welcome back to the Realm! After so many articles for Starsea, I figured you could use a little break. There is still a lot to be covered, but I know that there are plenty of people believing that some of my articles are too dark or too graphic. Trust me, I've read smut, romance novels, and have done a ton of research into the human condition. What is depicted in this blog is so tame that it's laughable.

That's not to say that there aren't any dark spots and to that end, I have attempted to place warnings at the beginnings of those darker themed articles. I don't always remember because nine times out of ten, I have no idea what the article is going to be about. Like this one for instance... absolutely no clue whatsoever.


Other people are probably wondering why I keep shifting towards the darker themed genres which usually lands in one or more of the four main categories; drinks, drugs, sex and murder. Thank you, Captain Jack Harkness and Captain John Hart. That is a reference to Torchwood Season 2, Episode 1: Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang.

Now the reasoning behind the darker themes is actually multi-faceted in nature. The first being that writers write what they know and quite frankly, I have little to no personal experience in any of the Big 4. I know a little about beer and can rattle off the names of the most commonly known liquors which is about it for me. 

The second was limited to weed but I swear every kid in high school has to have at least tried it once. My friends at the time decided that I shouldn't smoke it and just get the contact buzz. Between you and me, I think they got tired of me eating them out of house and home. I hate the effects of weed but boy did it make me absolutely starving afterwords...ravenous.


The third I would rather not comment on and not because of your normal or average reasons, but mainly due to it being so damn depressing. I've never been seen as an actual girl. I am going to be one of the guys for the rest of my life. No one reads the book, just glance at the cover and walks away. *dark cloud hangs over her head*

Hook: Now hold up one bloody minute, wench! We've talked about this before. You can't keep degrading yourself like this.

Yuna: He's right, ya know. You have the mind of a genius, the heart of an explorer, the spirit of the Paladin, the soul of the Doctor and an imagination straight from Chuck's head. Aw whoops...Supernatural, sorry if its a spoiler. Chuck is God!!!

Artz: *rubs forehead in exasperation*

Goldeneye: The point everyone is trying to make, dearie, is that you are different, that you are special, something so incredibly unique that everyone else in the world is simply too dumb to understand.

Lumina: *flies out of a nearby mirror* Which means cheer up, little miss starshine, and do what you do best.

Blood Guard: *in unison* The impossible.

Right then, moving along before I start crying. The last category is murder and the only information I have available is what I've learned from TV shows and books; NCIS, Forensic Files, etc. So yeah, I'm trying to to expand my repertoire and have a greater versatility to work with.


Poseidon: The irony is that she only seems capable of making true humor is when she is breaking the fourth wall.

Durga: I like it when she breaks the fourth wall...especially when the Team Rocket effect is utilized via Poseidon.

Loki: I agree as well. I do believe Number Nine also used it, but do you remember the My Little Pony incident?

Durga: *snorts* The look on your brother's face while you're strutting your stuff like the ultimate badass just to get Yuna to laugh and here comes Thor, sees you and just says nope and walks away.

Loki: Only to end up with a rather lovely baby pink and baby blue tail with sparkles.

Poseidon: The funny part was that you gave him said tail by farting a rainbow out of your ass at him.

Crowley: *heard the last comment* I didn't know you were into that kind of thing, fish boy. Perhaps Missy and myself can whip up something for you.

*face palms before punting the Guard out of the article*


Good grief, how do I get anything done around here is beyond me. Okay, now where was I? This was meant to be an intermission piece about the current styles of my articles thus far. Sadly Dean Winchester said it best during Season 4, Episode 2.

Bad crap happens to good people.

Much of what I write is based on what I have researched or experienced first hand. Being lonely and kind, a willing ear and blunt honesty...these are things I know personally. I also know how it feels to bottle it all up inside, stick it in a chest, bury it in the core of the planet, then sink that planet into a black hole, only to blow up on the other side and causing all sorts of chaos. 

Even now, I wear a mask but not to protect myself but to protect others that would be affected by my words and actions. It infuriates me, biting my tongue, not being in a position to basically get the fuck out of dodge, and not able to be true to myself nor able to express it. These are things that I know so my character, Artz, exhibits similar traits though not to the same degree of severity as I do.

I'm also very insecure, uncertain, and I have the self esteem the size of a mustard seed which just so happens to be one of the tiniest seeds in the world. I will admit that it's grown a bit since meeting several amazing and wonderful people on fanfiction.net which I highly recommend you check out the site. Not just my account but there is a plethora of stories on there that just...the feels, man, The Feels!!! There are currently three people I interact with via fanfiction.net.


Serenity Rose aka Ren - This guy drives me insane but has the uncanny ability to spark some of the most intense surges of imagination that I end up sending multiple private messages because I hit the character limit so many times.

Timelady Hope aka Hope - She's a walking billboard which I absolutely love because I don't branch out much culinary wise. She paints, her job is making jewelry, and it is an absolute joy to converse with her. Not to mention that she leaves reviews for both my stories and my blog, so I will love this woman for eternity.

Anna Lanaria aka Yuna aka Amethyst, etc - the reason for all of her titles is because she is the reason. That's it...The Reason. She believes I can do the impossible and I believe her. I've always said that I don't believe in myself, because that's what I've got her for. I believe in everyone else and she believes in me. She is my truest believer. 

Hook: You best stop it there, wench, otherwise you'll be launching into her profile.

Yuna: What am I? A ship? *glances at the image below* That doesn't count, damn it!


Hook: *chuckles before being pulled away by Poseidon* What the...*wide eyed as Yuna summons Artz's Prism Fire* Run! *disappears*

Artz: *sighs heavily as she rubs a hand down her face in exhaustion* This is my life...and I wouldn't have it any other way. *winks before pulling a Vash move*



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out! (Hugs) I love you for eternity too, Artz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw you're too sweet
    but it's also cuz of you that i feel comfortable being a transgender girl ^^
    thanks for the shout out Sweetie
    love you to the stars and beyond
    River: that's impossible.
    Me: not Impossible just a bit unlikely.
    River: i hate you.
    Me: no you don't *kiss her cheek*

    ReplyDelete