Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Intermission #1 - Fire Fox

Hey everyone and welcome back to the insanity that is The Realm. As the title may suggest, this is a break in the mainstream flow of the articles. There are a few reasons for this.

First - There has been a bit of confusion due to some minor continuity errors.

Two - I have actually forgotten Artz's and Hook's initial reaction to her after he captures her ship.

Three - Modifications to certain aspects of specific items, people, and events.

Four - The next chapter of Stardust will be posted soon but I guarantee that your head will be spinning. The issue is adding in some last minute details to smooth out the flow. Not as easy as it sounds.

Five - My muse has given me the slip again...or has been eaten by one of Kurama's death plants.

Kurama: *walks in like he owns the place* I would not wish for my precious plants to die such gruesome deaths.

Artz: *turns in her chair to face him* You're saying that my muse gives your amazing plants of agony… indigestion?

Kurama: *blinks before sighing* Should you not return to your… intermission?

Artz: *shrugs* I supposed.

Yusuke: *hands behind his head* Don't let the laid back demeanor full ya, fox boy. She's been burning the candle at both ends again. She's even taken cat naps at work of all the work she's been doing lately.

Hiei: *appears next to Artz* You didn't strike me as the sentimental type, detective.

Yusuke: Former Detective actually and as for being sentimental, that's what she's got you for, pyro pixie.

This results in a prolonged staring battle between the former spirit detective turned part demon and the fire/ice hybrid that was his comrade. Artz just shook her head and walked away, mumbling about doing some research into elemental abilities and all associated animals and interconnections. If she could just figure out who his teachers were then his character would practically unfold itself.

Kurama: *walks a short distance away and gives a small bow* You may or may not know who I am depending on your ages and preferences, so allow me to introduce myself. 

My name is Suuichi Minamino, more commonly known as Kurama.


I was once a youko, often referred to as a silver kitsune. Most of the current generation knows what a kitsune is, but for the sake of those still blissfully unaware of the anime and manga genres, a kitsune is a fox demon within most oriental countries to the far East. 

My trade during my time as a full fledged demon was the breaking of seals and the art of thievery. In fact, I am the one known as The Legendary Bandit Thief. The bandit portion of that title came from my association with my closest and dearest friend, a bat demon known as Kuronue. Together we were an unstoppable force, not even the the demon lords of the Cardinal lands could stop us, but out of respect for their many accomplishments, we did not steal from them...unless petitioned by another Cardinal Lord.

In the universe of the Blood Guard, much of my history as Youko Kurama has yet to be revealed. Only my association with certain individuals and I believe this may have something to do with an idea Artz has been attempting to ignore. This idea will revolve around my kitsune avatar with the rabid fan club. 

As for the two that are currently having a stare off. One is known to you as Hiei but is more formally known as The Master of the Dragon of the Darkness Flame. The other individual was a boy recruited to be an investigater of sorts, a Spirit Detective. He was essentially the militant arm of the Reikai more commonly known as the Spirit World. He didn't really have much of a choice given that they did grant him second life after he was hit by a car to save a child's life.


After Yusuke died a second time, a dormant demonic gene was activated which essentially made him a demon yet not. In fact, most have taken to calling him a hanyou or half demon, emphasis on his demonic side. He, Hiei, and myself were eventually forced to the Makai, the demon world in the television series, but as to what Artz has planned for us has yet to be seen.


Artz: Kurama, this was meant to be an intermission and not another impromptu article.

Kurama: My apologies, Artz, but you were rather distracted earlier and I thought it prudent to inform the readers of some deviations and histories, albeit a rather brief overview.

Artz: *points to the idiots and the kitsune avatar simply sighed, his plants trapping them and dragging them away*

Right then, the main continuity problems are the normal variety that are generated when one does a jumper time stream like in Doctor Who fan fiction. Much of what is and what was and what possibly could be are entirely subjective, meaning that they can and will shift based on where the story is flowing.

An example of this can be found in my story Phoenix Saga: Origin. Originally Rose and Artz were to have a sibling like friendship but as the story progressed, it is strongly hinted that she and Rose are, in fact, romantically involved on some level.


Most of my continuity issues are derived from lack of research or were created before Anna became a permanent fixture in my life. Where Anna goes, the Blood Guard are sure to follow. My Guard, specifically the Prismata aka the Prism, are the ones most commonly seen in stories/chapters posted after Anna and I got back in touch with one another after a two year silence. These characters are the most defined but are also capable of transitioning between realities due to the strong bonds of love and devotion for Artz and Anna.

Both Phoenix Saga: Origin and Guardian Saga: Seeker are prime examples of my lack of research into Gallifrey and the Timelords yet are the most loved. Once I had done the research; Legacy Saga: Genesis and Warrior Saga: Rebirth came into being but were not as well received as the first two.


Moving along, a new twist is going to be added to the Phoenix Saga, mainly in regards to Artz knowing about events that occurred after she had been taken from her reality. The spoiler is that she to the nullification of a certain event, Artz shares a link with her counterpart still living in that world so she kind of just knows things. Doesn't help that she runs into Anna either.

Okay, I'm gonna keep this brief. Due to my inability to work out the exact beginning of Artz and Hook's meeting, the next part of Starsea will start up after an undetermined amount of time; either weeks or months, hopefully no more than a year. That's it for this intermission. Just add a few more images and it will posted. Until next time, dearies.

2 comments: